All funds received through this campaign will go directly to support our new Afghan neighbors directly including, but not limited to, paying rent, providing furniture and/or household items, providing clothing and/or personal items, and providing legal services for the filing of immigration status.
PLEASE ADD AFGHAN ASSISTANCE IN THE DESCRIPTION
- To Volunteer for any of these 3 jobs listed below please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put Volunteer in the Subject.
If you are in the following fields, you may be uniquely equipped to provide vital services to our new friends:
- Medical – doctors, nurses, clinicians, particularly those who serve uninsured patients
- Mental Health Care – especially those with culturally relevant background/experiences, and/or experience in trauma
- Legal – lawyers, law students, legal support or professionals
- Education – teachers, whether active or retired; school administration, and especially those with ESL/ELL training
- Advocacy – particularly in the areas of disability rights, DV/SA protection, and public policy
- Housing – access to apartments, single-family homes, or duplexes capable of housing families (subsidies and/or other financial assistance may be available)
- Church or Community Center – access to a large space such as a gym or fellowship hall; use of a bus or van
If this sounds like you, send an email directly to email@example.com to find out more about the opportunities in these areas.